It is used to treat certain kinds of bacterial infections
What should I watch for while using this medicine?Tell your doctor or health care professional if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse. Drink several glasses of water a day and cut down on drinks that contain caffeine. You must not get dehydrated while taking this medicine.
You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you. Do not sit or stand up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells.
This medicine can make you more sensitive to the sun. Keep out of the sun. If you cannot avoid being in the sun, wear protective clothing and use a sunscreen. Do not use sun lamps or tanning beds/ booths. Contact your doctor if you get a sunburn.
If you are a diabetic monitor your blood glucose carefully. If you get an unusual reading stop taking this medicine and call your doctor right away.
Do not treat diarrhea with over- the- counter products. Contact your doctor if you have diarrhea that lasts more than 2 days or if the diarrhea is severe and watery.
Avoid antacids, calcium, iron, and zinc products for 2 hours before and 2 hours after taking a dose of this medicine.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- changes in vision
- confusion, nightmares or hallucinations
- difficulty breathing
- irregular heartbeat, chest pain
- joint, muscle or tendon pain
- pain or difficulty passing urine
- persistent headache with or without blurred vision
- redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
- unusual pain, numbness, tingling, or weakness
- vaginal irritation, discharge
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- dry mouth
- stomach upset, nausea
- trouble sleeping