- Basic Info
Generic: Tudorza Pressair
It helps open up the airways in your lungs to make it easier to breathe
What is this medicine?Aclidinium (a kli DIN ee um) is a bronchodilator. It helps open up the airways in your lungs to make it easier to breathe. This medicine is used to treat COPD, including emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Never use this medicine for an acute attack.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- bladder problems or difficulty passing urine
- kidney disease
- prostate trouble
- an unusual or allergic reaction to aclidinium, atropine, milk proteins, other medicines, lactose, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
- breast- feeding
How should I use this medicine?This medicine is for inhalation through the mouth. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take it more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice. Make sure that you are using your inhaler correctly. Ask your doctor or health care provider if you have any questions.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
Overdosage: If you think you've taken too much of this medicine contact a poison control center or emergency room at once.
What if I miss a dose?If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, use only that dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not use double or extra doses.
What may interact with this medicine?
- antihistamines for allergy, cough and cold
- certain medicines for bladder problems like oxybutynin, tolterodine
- certain medicines for stomach problems like dicyclomine, hyoscyamine
- certain medicines for travel sickness like scopolamine
- certain medicines for Parkinson's disease like benztropine, trihexyphenidyl