- Basic Info
Generic: Combivent Respimat
It helps open up the airways in your lungs to make it easier to breathe
What is this medicine?ALBUTEROL; IPRATROPIUM (al BYOO ter ole; i pra TROE pee um) has two bronchodilators. It helps open up the airways in your lungs to make it easier to breathe. This medicine is used to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- irregular heartbeat
- an unusual or allergic reaction to albuterol, ipratropium, atropine, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
- breast- feeding
How should I use this medicine?This medicine is for inhalation only. Follow the instructions on your prescription label. Do not use more often than directed. Make sure that you are using your inhaler correctly. Ask you doctor or health care provider if you have any questions.
Use this medicine before you use any other inhaler. Wait 5 minutes or more before between using different inhalers.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
Overdosage: If you think you've taken too much of this medicine contact a poison control center or emergency room at once.
What if I miss a dose?If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, use only that dose. Do not use double or extra doses.
What may interact with this medicine?Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- MAOIs like Carbex, Eldepryl, Marplan, Nardil, and Parnate
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- medicines for depression, anxiety, or psychotic disturbances
- medicines for irregular heartbeat
- medicines for weight loss including some herbal products
- some medicines for blood pressure or the heart