On an overnight trip to Dallas two weeks ago, I broke out in some rather ugly hives — again! My lips poofed up like I'd been slammed with a hockey puck, and my right eye went all ape-like. This lasted for several days. It was that damn gluten allergy again, I must assume, although for the life of me I can't figure out what I "ate wrong."
This experience reminded me about a post from just about exactly three years ago, which kind of sums it up. I'm thinking No. 4 needs to be moved up (!) :
Seven Things Worse Than the Diabetes
Endocrine Society Annual Meeting Happening Now
Follow #ENDO2015 for updates on research & treatments.
FDA Approves New Basal Insulin
Sanofi's Troujeo has 'flatter profile' of action that helps to avoid lows.
Daytona Win for Racecar Driver with Diabetes!
Type 1 driver Ryan Reed wins first NASCAR series race at Daytona on Feb. 21.
Diabetes. That all-consuming pain in the @$$... But I like to remind myself that there are worse things. No, really, there are. Make a list. Here's mine:
1. Aging. The front of my hair is getting thin. And my face looks so drawn in photos these days. I miss that fresh-faced girl.
2. The Carpal Tunnel Syndrome — crippling for anyone who sits at a keyboard as much as I do.
3. Gluten-intolerance. No wheat = high-maintenance lifestyle. Ugh.
4. Yeast where it doesn't belong. Enough said.
5. Future Anxiety — which I try to keep in check — but what will become of us someday? Will we have kidney failure and become incontinent? (Sorry, but the mind is unruly at times)
6. Parenting Anxiety — what will become of our little ones? Will they contract some (possibly worse) chronic disorder? Or worse yet, run into some loon who turns out to be a predator?
7. "Too Profitable to Cure." If this is The Anadulterated Truth, may all the responsible parties be struck by lightening.
There now. Feel better? Me neither. But it helps to share.
Editor's note: I was tempted to add "housework" to this list, but decided that might be just a little too whiney.