Kerri over at SixUntilMe has initiated the Top Five Lists Game to get her readers talking and sharing. What comes to mind for me at the moment are the Top 5 Quotes That Pertain to My Life These Days:
- "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with onehand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing withdeftness and dexterity on a tightrope" - Marlene Less, via Scott's Diabetes Journal
- "Every day that passes brings you closer to 'living with' instead of 'suffering from' " - Kerri of SixUntilMe, commenting here
- "Warm mommies get cold pancakes" - Dear Abby
- "Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop-offs at tedium and counter-productivity" - Erma Bombeck
- "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing" - Mark Twain
Ask me again next week. I'm sure they'll be some memorable saying about juggling work and parenthood. It's just that I'm a busy diabetic working mommy, see?, so didn't have time to track down too much custom content just now... :)
The article we published about "going Paleo with diabetes" in 2013 has been one of our most-searched posts for the past three years. And guess what? It needed some updating... which we've now completed with pride.The result is a comprehensive arti...
Happy Saturday, and welcome back to our weekly advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and educator Wil Dubois. This week, Wil offers some thoughts to a scared D-peep who's in the hospital for unrelated health issues,...
Just in time for the back to school season comes a new book series catering specifically to kids with type 1 diabetes in certain age groups -- along with their caregivers and the newly diagnosed In early July, JDRF and Novo Nordisk announced a ...
Got questions about life with diabetes? So do we! That's why we offer our weekly diabetes advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and community educator Wil Dubois.This week, Wil has some key advice: Some things are ...
More evidence diabetes is just too much sometimes... Hmmm, maybe it's time for a workplace-friendly diabetes supply cabinet? Thanks to our regular contributor Jerry King, an accomplished cartoonist who creates more than 200 illustrations eac...