Kerri over at SixUntilMe has initiated the Top Five Lists Game to get her readers talking and sharing. What comes to mind for me at the moment are the Top 5 Quotes That Pertain to My Life These Days:
- "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with onehand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing withdeftness and dexterity on a tightrope" - Marlene Less, via Scott's Diabetes Journal
- "Every day that passes brings you closer to 'living with' instead of 'suffering from' " - Kerri of SixUntilMe, commenting here
- "Warm mommies get cold pancakes" - Dear Abby
- "Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop-offs at tedium and counter-productivity" - Erma Bombeck
- "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing" - Mark Twain
Ask me again next week. I'm sure they'll be some memorable saying about juggling work and parenthood. It's just that I'm a busy diabetic working mommy, see?, so didn't have time to track down too much custom content just now... :)
Welcome back to our weekly diabetes advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and educator Wil Dubois. This week is a downer, for sure, so make sure you have your tissue box handy... Wil responds to a scared sister's qu...
Some of you may know from following us on social media that I've been under the weather over the holidays. Yuck!For the past month, I've had a cold and persistent cough that have been messing with my diabetes management.With it being the start of ...
Diabetes finally off the mind? OK, this is pretty Dilbert, but seriously... what would YOU do if you ever got to stop thinking about the Big D?Thanks to the talented Jerry King, a regular cartoonist here at the 'Mine, who's a worldwide drawi...
Dr. Dana Hardin is a pediatric endocrinologist and medical director at Eli Lilly and Company in Indianapolis, IN, where she's been practicing for more than 20 years. She's also been a pioneer in research on the capabilities of medical alert dogs. ...
Happy Saturday, Friends! Welcome to Ask D'Mine, our weekly advice column hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and community educator Wil Dubois.This week, Wil offers some thoughts to a scared type 1 peep in Tennessee about high A1Cs who feel...