Kerri over at SixUntilMe has initiated the Top Five Lists Game to get her readers talking and sharing. What comes to mind for me at the moment are the Top 5 Quotes That Pertain to My Life These Days:
- "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with onehand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing withdeftness and dexterity on a tightrope" - Marlene Less, via Scott's Diabetes Journal
- "Every day that passes brings you closer to 'living with' instead of 'suffering from' " - Kerri of SixUntilMe, commenting here
- "Warm mommies get cold pancakes" - Dear Abby
- "Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop-offs at tedium and counter-productivity" - Erma Bombeck
- "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing" - Mark Twain
Ask me again next week. I'm sure they'll be some memorable saying about juggling work and parenthood. It's just that I'm a busy diabetic working mommy, see?, so didn't have time to track down too much custom content just now... :)
Hey, All -- if you've got questions about life with diabetes, then you've come to the right place! That would be our weekly diabetes advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and clinical specialist Wil Dubois.This we...
Hey there, Diabetes Friends! Welcome back to our weekly advice column, Ask D'Mine. I'm your friendly host, Wil Dubois -- a longtime type 1 diagnosed as an adult who happens to write about diabetes and work as a clinical diabetes specialist in New...
Walking through the exhibit hall at a diabetes conference earlier this year, I came across a little white puffball of a dog who immediately captured my attention. I learned that this multi-poo (cross between a maltese and toy poodle) is a 12-year-...
Of course we've been closely following the hot topic of high insulin prices, hoping to find some answers about how to best address this quagmire. We've reported here about The Human Cost of High Insulin Prices and heard the Insulin Makers' Respons...
Hey PWDs, ever feel like you're channeling The Walking Dead? Props once again to the creative Jon Carter, a veteran freelance cartoonist drawing for numerous newspapers, online publications and corporate clients for more than 20 years. He ...