Kerri over at SixUntilMe has initiated the Top Five Lists Game to get her readers talking and sharing. What comes to mind for me at the moment are the Top 5 Quotes That Pertain to My Life These Days:
- "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with onehand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing withdeftness and dexterity on a tightrope" - Marlene Less, via Scott's Diabetes Journal
- "Every day that passes brings you closer to 'living with' instead of 'suffering from' " - Kerri of SixUntilMe, commenting here
- "Warm mommies get cold pancakes" - Dear Abby
- "Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop-offs at tedium and counter-productivity" - Erma Bombeck
- "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing" - Mark Twain
Ask me again next week. I'm sure they'll be some memorable saying about juggling work and parenthood. It's just that I'm a busy diabetic working mommy, see?, so didn't have time to track down too much custom content just now... :)
Got questions about life with diabetes? So do we! That's why we offer our weekly diabetes advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by longtime type 1 Wil Dubois, who is not only a diabetes author but also worked for many years as a diabetes community e...
One of the biggest issues in the diabetes world right now is of course Access and Affordability. So how did this come up at the annual American Diabetes Association's Scientific Sessions in early June, you may wonder? Well, with some mixed messag...
Partha Kar caught our attention on social media as a diabetes activist over in the UK, getting people talking and organizing conferences. Turns out he's actually an endocrinologist, who has taken up the torch of the #gbdoc (Great Britain Diabetes ...
In what may be the start of a national trend, Nevada is pushing to become the first state to pass sweeping legislation requiring real transparency from key players involved in the convoluted insulin pricing scheme. Both sides of the Nevada state ...
Fortunately, the medical community has shifted in recent years to become more accepting of the fact that type 1 diabetes doesn't have to stop women from having healthy, happy babies. Many women have shared their inspirational stories of becoming T...