Kerri over at SixUntilMe has initiated the Top Five Lists Game to get her readers talking and sharing. What comes to mind for me at the moment are the Top 5 Quotes That Pertain to My Life These Days:
- "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with onehand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing withdeftness and dexterity on a tightrope" - Marlene Less, via Scott's Diabetes Journal
- "Every day that passes brings you closer to 'living with' instead of 'suffering from' " - Kerri of SixUntilMe, commenting here
- "Warm mommies get cold pancakes" - Dear Abby
- "Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop-offs at tedium and counter-productivity" - Erma Bombeck
- "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing" - Mark Twain
Ask me again next week. I'm sure they'll be some memorable saying about juggling work and parenthood. It's just that I'm a busy diabetic working mommy, see?, so didn't have time to track down too much custom content just now... :)
Please say howdy once again to Dana Howe, a recent graduate student in Health Communication from Tufts University who's had type 1 since age 8. She also comes from a family of type 1s (her dad and mom's dad are T1D too), and she happens to be an...
A key takeaway from the recent diabetes advocacy MasterLab was how we need to look out for No. 1. That sounds bad, but it really just means that we must first care of ourselves in order to be in a position to help the rest of the community.As fat...
The tricky balance of diabetes-food-nutrition-exercise effects is "the last frontier that hasn't yet been conquered," according to longtime type 1 triathlete and advocate Cliff Scherb. His solution? Create an app for that! Say hello to the newly...
Giving new meaning to the phrase "dog days of summer"... Ah, test strip strays... they're everywhere!Thanks as always to the talented Jon Carter, who's been drawing for us here at the 'Mine for some time now. You can check out the more of h...
Hey, All -- if you've got questions about life with diabetes, then you've come to the right place! That would be our weekly diabetes advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and clinical specialist Wil Dubois.This w...