Kerri over at SixUntilMe has initiated the Top Five Lists Game to get her readers talking and sharing. What comes to mind for me at the moment are the Top 5 Quotes That Pertain to My Life These Days:
- "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with onehand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing withdeftness and dexterity on a tightrope" - Marlene Less, via Scott's Diabetes Journal
- "Every day that passes brings you closer to 'living with' instead of 'suffering from' " - Kerri of SixUntilMe, commenting here
- "Warm mommies get cold pancakes" - Dear Abby
- "Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop-offs at tedium and counter-productivity" - Erma Bombeck
- "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing" - Mark Twain
Ask me again next week. I'm sure they'll be some memorable saying about juggling work and parenthood. It's just that I'm a busy diabetic working mommy, see?, so didn't have time to track down too much custom content just now... :)
Never hurts to add a few more emoticons into our lives, does it? LOL. We could Like and Smiley Face this all day long!btw, check out the real-life group creating diabetes emojis here.Thanks to the talented Brad Slaight, a fellow type 1 PWD an...
Stacey Divone sees double every time she looks in the mirror. She's the slightly older of a pair of identical twins born on Christmas Eve 1976, and when she was just 5 years old, Stacey -- just like her father -- was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes...
My A1C had crept up to 7.2, quite a jump from where it had been. My endo looked at me with real empathy and asked, "What's going on?" As much I'd promised myself not to go there, my eyes welled up with tears. It's been seven months now since my...
Thinking of taking a cruise ship vacation but worried about managing your diabetes while on board?Today, we're happy to hand the mic over to our team member Rachel Kerstetter, who you may remember is a fellow T1 PWD in Ohio who blogs at Probably R...
Need help navigating life with diabetes? You can always Ask D'Mine! Welcome again to our weekly Q&A column, hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and clinical expert Wil Dubois. This week, Wil offers some (non-doctor) thoughts on mixing a...