Kerri over at SixUntilMe has initiated the Top Five Lists Game to get her readers talking and sharing. What comes to mind for me at the moment are the Top 5 Quotes That Pertain to My Life These Days:
- "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with onehand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing withdeftness and dexterity on a tightrope" - Marlene Less, via Scott's Diabetes Journal
- "Every day that passes brings you closer to 'living with' instead of 'suffering from' " - Kerri of SixUntilMe, commenting here
- "Warm mommies get cold pancakes" - Dear Abby
- "Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop-offs at tedium and counter-productivity" - Erma Bombeck
- "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing" - Mark Twain
Ask me again next week. I'm sure they'll be some memorable saying about juggling work and parenthood. It's just that I'm a busy diabetic working mommy, see?, so didn't have time to track down too much custom content just now... :)
At our DiabetesMine Innovation Summit in late October, we were happy to include a talk on rewards and incentives in diabetes care by the awesome Dr. Jennifer Shine Dyer, a tech-savvy pediatric endo and innovator in Ohio. She's been widely known in...
Today we're happy to introduce a small business that solves a crucial problem for many people with diabetes... You know, trying to find mixed drink options that won't raise our blood sugars the way regular cocktails typically do.Enter Be Mixed, a ...
Welcome back to our weekly advice column, Ask D'Mine, where you get all sorts of tips about navigating life with diabetes from host Wil Dubois, a professional D-clinical educator and diabetes author who's longtime type 1 himself.Today, Wil's work...
Here's a joke: Why did the person with diabetes cross the road? Yup, that would totally motivate us to cross the road, too -- especially if our blood sugar's Low!Thanks to the artistic Gareth Morgan, a fellow type 1 "across the pond" in England...
Welcome back to our weekly diabetes advice column, Ask D'Mine - with your host veteran type 1, diabetes author and educator Wil Dubois. This week, Wil's addressing the sometimes unavoidable issue of wasting precious insulin, something that pains ...