Kerri over at SixUntilMe has initiated the Top Five Lists Game to get her readers talking and sharing. What comes to mind for me at the moment are the Top 5 Quotes That Pertain to My Life These Days:
- "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with onehand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing withdeftness and dexterity on a tightrope" - Marlene Less, via Scott's Diabetes Journal
- "Every day that passes brings you closer to 'living with' instead of 'suffering from' " - Kerri of SixUntilMe, commenting here
- "Warm mommies get cold pancakes" - Dear Abby
- "Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop-offs at tedium and counter-productivity" - Erma Bombeck
- "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing" - Mark Twain
Ask me again next week. I'm sure they'll be some memorable saying about juggling work and parenthood. It's just that I'm a busy diabetic working mommy, see?, so didn't have time to track down too much custom content just now... :)
Today, our D'Mine columnist and correspondent Wil Dubois takes a real close look at an essential component of our health that most of us never think about. "But I spend a lot of time outdoors," I told my endo. She fixed me with a steely gaze. "A...
Our periodic correspondent Dan Fleshler is a New York-based writer, media strategist and longtime type 1. Like the rest of us, he struggles with finding the right balance of foods to eat. In his latest take on hot topics in diabetes news, today he...
Today we're delighted to introduce Rodney Miller, a longtime type 1 in Texas who's starting a first-of-its-kind diabetes program focused on weightlifting and bodybuilding.The 32-year-old was diagnosed almost three decades ago, and after years of n...
We've heard the saying, "April Showers Bring May Flowers," but does everything have to apply to diabetes management?! No really, that is how it feels sometimes -- test strips popping up everywhere, like dandelions! Thanks to the ever-talented J...
Got questions about life with diabetes? So do we! That's why we offer our weekly diabetes advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and community educator Wil Dubois.This week, Wil focuses on issues that arise when it'...