Kerri over at SixUntilMe has initiated the Top Five Lists Game to get her readers talking and sharing. What comes to mind for me at the moment are the Top 5 Quotes That Pertain to My Life These Days:
- "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with onehand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing withdeftness and dexterity on a tightrope" - Marlene Less, via Scott's Diabetes Journal
- "Every day that passes brings you closer to 'living with' instead of 'suffering from' " - Kerri of SixUntilMe, commenting here
- "Warm mommies get cold pancakes" - Dear Abby
- "Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop-offs at tedium and counter-productivity" - Erma Bombeck
- "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing" - Mark Twain
Ask me again next week. I'm sure they'll be some memorable saying about juggling work and parenthood. It's just that I'm a busy diabetic working mommy, see?, so didn't have time to track down too much custom content just now... :)
Got questions about life with diabetes? So do we! That's why we offer our weekly advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and community educator Wil Dubois.This week, it's all about insulin, as Wil takes on four quest...
Oh, how the fun never stops when it comes to expressing our diabetes selves on the Internet... Take for example Legobetes, a new online meme of sorts featuring Lego figurines doing diabetes things, with funny speech bubbles and captions, that emer...
Happy Saturday! Welcome back to Ask D'Mine, our weekly advice column hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and community educator Wil Dubois.This week, Wil offers some insight to a woman struggling with the "pre-diabetes" challenge of not hea...
The Big Game is here... With all those game-time snacks coming our way: place your Superbowl blood sugar bets now!Thanks to the talented Jon Carter, who's been drawing for us here at the 'Mine for some time now. You can check out the more of h...
What do we really know about diabetes and marijuana? A fair amount, it turns out, although much of it is anecdotal rather than solid scientific evidence. According to an info site called The Stoner's Cookbook: "Due to the complexity of the conditi...