Kerri over at SixUntilMe has initiated the Top Five Lists Game to get her readers talking and sharing. What comes to mind for me at the moment are the Top 5 Quotes That Pertain to My Life These Days:
- "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with onehand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing withdeftness and dexterity on a tightrope" - Marlene Less, via Scott's Diabetes Journal
- "Every day that passes brings you closer to 'living with' instead of 'suffering from' " - Kerri of SixUntilMe, commenting here
- "Warm mommies get cold pancakes" - Dear Abby
- "Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop-offs at tedium and counter-productivity" - Erma Bombeck
- "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing" - Mark Twain
Ask me again next week. I'm sure they'll be some memorable saying about juggling work and parenthood. It's just that I'm a busy diabetic working mommy, see?, so didn't have time to track down too much custom content just now... :)
Got questions about life with diabetes? So do we! That's why we offer our weekly diabetes advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and community educator Wil Dubois.This week, Wil answers a question about taking large...
In our continuing coverage of the #DiabetesAccessMatters advocacy campaign combating high insulin costs and insurance woes... Outrage over inflated EpiPen costs continues to escalate as Congress is now investigating price-gouging of medication, an...
Even a few weeks after the Diabetes UnConference in Atlantic City, I'm still having a tough time getting my head around how my heart feels about the experience.There was quite the tidal wave of emotions there, and many of us were blinking back wha...
Welcome to another visit with our 2016 DiabetesMine Patient Voices Scholarship winners, who'll be representing the patient community at our annual Innovation Summit in San Francisco next month.Today we're introducing Sophia Walker, a longtime ty...
You can also call it Autumn... Thanks to Jon Carter, a freelance cartoonist for more than 20 years who's drawn for numerous newspapers, print and online publications and corporate clients. Sunday Funnies: iPhone 7 vs. Diabetes Published Se...