Kerri over at SixUntilMe has initiated the Top Five Lists Game to get her readers talking and sharing. What comes to mind for me at the moment are the Top 5 Quotes That Pertain to My Life These Days:
- "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with onehand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing withdeftness and dexterity on a tightrope" - Marlene Less, via Scott's Diabetes Journal
- "Every day that passes brings you closer to 'living with' instead of 'suffering from' " - Kerri of SixUntilMe, commenting here
- "Warm mommies get cold pancakes" - Dear Abby
- "Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop-offs at tedium and counter-productivity" - Erma Bombeck
- "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing" - Mark Twain
Ask me again next week. I'm sure they'll be some memorable saying about juggling work and parenthood. It's just that I'm a busy diabetic working mommy, see?, so didn't have time to track down too much custom content just now... :)
With the 10th annual Rare Disease Day just around the corner on Feb. 28, it's a perfect time to revisit the issue of "brittle diabetes" and how recognition of it as a rare disease (or lack thereof) has sparked a new wave of controversy recently. ...
Welcome back to our weekly diabetes advice column, Ask D'Mine - with your host veteran type 1, and diabetes author Wil Dubois. On this President's Day weekend, Wil is helping a reader trump his fears about the state of healthcare coverage in the U...
Happy Saturday, and welcome back to our weekly advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and educator Wil Dubois. This week, Wil helps answer a question about diabetes management during a hospital stay for a hip replace...
You may have heard that the battle over insulin access and affordability has made its way into court, challenging status quo drug-pricing methods and actually accusing the three Big Insulin makers of illegal price-gouging that endangers people wit...
February is of course awards season thanks to the Grammys and Oscars, and in keeping with tradition we're excited to once again offer our own take on the "best-of" in various categories among the Diabetes Community. What's unique about our Dia...