Kerri over at SixUntilMe has initiated the Top Five Lists Game to get her readers talking and sharing. What comes to mind for me at the moment are the Top 5 Quotes That Pertain to My Life These Days:
- "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with onehand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing withdeftness and dexterity on a tightrope" - Marlene Less, via Scott's Diabetes Journal
- "Every day that passes brings you closer to 'living with' instead of 'suffering from' " - Kerri of SixUntilMe, commenting here
- "Warm mommies get cold pancakes" - Dear Abby
- "Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop-offs at tedium and counter-productivity" - Erma Bombeck
- "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing" - Mark Twain
Ask me again next week. I'm sure they'll be some memorable saying about juggling work and parenthood. It's just that I'm a busy diabetic working mommy, see?, so didn't have time to track down too much custom content just now... :)
Complications of diabetes are not something anyone likes to think about, but here at the 'Mine, we believe knowledge is power. That's why we started our "411 info series" on a variety of complications a couple of years ago.Believe it or not, carpa...
They say that April showers bring May flowers... Of course, this month has once again also brought us some great blog posts from the Diabetes Online Community (DOC)!Here are some of our faves, in no particular order: Diabetes Community Blog Pos...
Hey, All -- got questions about life with diabetes? Then you've come to the right place! That would be our weekly diabetes advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and educator Wil Dubois.This week, Wil is weighing... ...
Those middle of the night blood sugar checks can be challenging, to put it mildly... What a circus, this diabetes game can be!Thanks to the ever-artistic Gareth Morgan from England, who's a biomed engineer by trade but just like all of us, has ...
When I first heard about carpal tunnel syndrome, I thought it was some sort of road rage from driving through the ten-mile Carpal Tunnel under the Alps in Switzerland. But as it turns out, that's the Gotthard Tunnel. So where's the Carpal Tunnel?...