Kerri over at SixUntilMe has initiated the Top Five Lists Game to get her readers talking and sharing. What comes to mind for me at the moment are the Top 5 Quotes That Pertain to My Life These Days:
- "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with onehand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing withdeftness and dexterity on a tightrope" - Marlene Less, via Scott's Diabetes Journal
- "Every day that passes brings you closer to 'living with' instead of 'suffering from' " - Kerri of SixUntilMe, commenting here
- "Warm mommies get cold pancakes" - Dear Abby
- "Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop-offs at tedium and counter-productivity" - Erma Bombeck
- "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing" - Mark Twain
Ask me again next week. I'm sure they'll be some memorable saying about juggling work and parenthood. It's just that I'm a busy diabetic working mommy, see?, so didn't have time to track down too much custom content just now... :)
We've heard the saying, "April Showers Bring May Flowers," but since this weekend marked Earth Day, we wondered if there was a diabetes equivalent... Yep, that's really how it feels sometimes -- test strips popping up everywhere, like dandelio...
In the front lobby of Lilly's corporate headquarters in Indianapolis stands a towering 12-foot tall statue of a mother holding her child in her arms, sick and starving to death due to lack of insulin. It's an artistic rendering of a real-life ...
We're sorry.At this URL was an Ask D'Mine post about a woman struggling to pay out-of-pocket to get needed insulin to carry her over while she was waiting for her insurance to kick in. While we feel this is an important issue to address, we ...
If you ever wondered if you could be an award-winning weightlifter with type 1 diabetes, just look to Hawaii, where D-peep Jameson (Jamie) Dahl is showing us how it's done. The thirty-something on Oahu (one of the most northwest of Hawaii's ei...
Scott Johnson's left shoulder was bothering him. Really bothering him."I couldn't remember a specific incident, but was sure it was just a stubborn basketball injury," said Johnson, a Minnesota-based type 1 for more than three decades who blogs at...