Darn it, it's tough returning from vacation. Somehow you feel like your life is all loose ends, and man, are you behind on tying things up! Diabetes sort of makes you feel that way all the time though, doesn't it? As I attempt to "un-bury" and get back into my "more responsible" routine, it occurred to me that a list might help (or not...)
Ten Things I Should Definitely Do More Often
NEWSFLASH: FDA Clears Dexcom Share Direct
Dexcom gets regulatory approval of its 'on-the-go' mobile apps for CGM data-sharing.
Snail Uses Insulin to Poison Fish
New study shows these slow-moving creatures use toxic form of insulin to capture prey.
A New Square Patch Insulin Pump
Israeli company developing new reusable square insulin pump that has Bluetooth for smartphone communication.
1. Count my carbs more precisely. (Grrrrrr)
2. Check my blood sugar. (D'oh)
3. Clean out my office.
3.5 Dose insulin for those little nibbles that often happen throughout the day.
5. Read all the other wonderful diabetes blogs. And comment! God knows I wish I had more time for that.
6. Discover new diabetes blogs/sites. So many amazing people out there opening up about their lives with the 'betes. To name just a few I have managed to find recently: Catherine, Kelly, Christopher, and Bob. Good stuff.
7. Get my A1c test (yeah, it's been a while — oh, please don't scold, I'm only human too)
8. Take my girls to Starbucks. Or the movies. Or better yet, the playground.
9. Eat vegetables. And fruits (in moderation of course, and in combination with a protein choice — blah, blah, blah)
10. Go on vacation.
Have I missed anything? Let me know...