The Tandem t:slim pump is reviewed by type 1 D-blogger and insurance agent Sarah Kaye -- and gives it high marks, despite a slow site change process.
REVIEWER'S BREAKDOWN -
- touch screen makes it easier to use
- personal profiles rather than multiple menu settings
- 300-unit cartridge despite small size
- micro-delivery safety feature
- has a rechargeable battery, so no need to change out batteries
- software is PC or Mac compatible
- pump is watertight
- screen-timeout has memory
- the carb calculator is located right in the bolus menu
- IOB (Insulin on Board) is viewable directly on the lock screen and front menu
- lots of confirmation screens can be a hassle
- time to prime takes quite a bit longer than other pumps
- cartridge and connector design tends to cause bubbles and they can be difficult to prime out
- only approved for Humalog and Novolog insulins, not Apidra
Use this pump? Tell us what you think!
NEWSFLASH: FDA Clears Dexcom Share Direct
Dexcom gets regulatory approval of its 'on-the-go' mobile apps for CGM data-sharing.
State of the Union: It's Time to Cure Diabetes
President launching new precision medicine initiative to better treat, cure diseases like diabetes.
'Robotic Pancreas' Appears On American Idol
Carlos Santana's nephew Adam Lasher shows off Dexcom G4 during live performance.
RELATED COMMUNITY LINKS -