The Tandem t:slim pump is reviewed by type 1 D-blogger and insurance agent Sarah Kaye -- and gives it high marks, despite a slow site change process.
REVIEWER'S BREAKDOWN -
- touch screen makes it easier to use
- personal profiles rather than multiple menu settings
- 300-unit cartridge despite small size
- micro-delivery safety feature
- has a rechargeable battery, so no need to change out batteries
- software is PC or Mac compatible
- pump is watertight
- screen-timeout has memory
- the carb calculator is located right in the bolus menu
- IOB (Insulin on Board) is viewable directly on the lock screen and front menu
- lots of confirmation screens can be a hassle
- time to prime takes quite a bit longer than other pumps
- cartridge and connector design tends to cause bubbles and they can be difficult to prime out
- only approved for Humalog and Novolog insulins, not Apidra
Use this pump? Tell us what you think!
American Diabetes Association Names New CEO
Non-profit leader Kevin L. Hagan named as new chief exec of national diabetes org after six-month search.
FDA Approves New Basal Insulin
Sanofi's Troujeo has 'flatter profile' of action that helps to avoid lows.
Daytona Win for Racecar Driver with Diabetes!
Type 1 driver Ryan Reed wins first NASCAR series race at Daytona on Feb. 21.
RELATED COMMUNITY LINKS -