The Tandem t:slim pump is reviewed by type 1 D-blogger and insurance agent Sarah Kaye -- and gives it high marks, despite a slow site change process.
REVIEWER'S BREAKDOWN -
- touch screen makes it easier to use
- personal profiles rather than multiple menu settings
- 300-unit cartridge despite small size
- micro-delivery safety feature
- has a rechargeable battery, so no need to change out batteries
- software is PC or Mac compatible
- pump is watertight
- screen-timeout has memory
- the carb calculator is located right in the bolus menu
- IOB (Insulin on Board) is viewable directly on the lock screen and front menu
- lots of confirmation screens can be a hassle
- time to prime takes quite a bit longer than other pumps
- cartridge and connector design tends to cause bubbles and they can be difficult to prime out
- only approved for Humalog and Novolog insulins, not Apidra
Use this pump? Tell us what you think!
NEWSFLASH: FDA Clears Dexcom Share Direct
Dexcom gets regulatory approval of its 'on-the-go' mobile apps for CGM data-sharing.
Snail Uses Insulin to Poison Fish
New study shows these slow-moving creatures use toxic form of insulin to capture prey.
A New Square Patch Insulin Pump
TouchéMedical's new Bluetooth-enabled patch pump is supposedly the world's smallest and cheapest.
RELATED COMMUNITY LINKS -