Gina and the gang over at DiabetesTalkfest have dubbed today, Nov. 9, as official D-Blog Day. How wonderful to have a "holiday" for all of us blogging our little hearts out about our constant companion and perpetual albatross, Diabetes. Of course, we're all doing our best to always look on the bright side of life ... ja?
I figure some 20-30 new diabetes blogs have appeared on the scene since I started my gig here. Some of them are intensely personal, others have a communal feel, and still others are fully professional. I like to dabble a little in all three of these categories. A very kind reader named Andrea thanked me for my efforts in a comment on my last post, which reminded me that I've been looking for a way to learn more about my readers here.
So do me a favor on D-Blog Day -- Talk to Me:
* Why are you here? You learn a little / laugh a little?
* Are you Type 1, Type 2, or a parent or partner?
American Diabetes Association Names New CEO
Non-profit leader Kevin L. Hagan named as new chief exec of national diabetes org after six-month search.
FDA Approves New Basal Insulin
Sanofi's Troujeo has 'flatter profile' of action that helps to avoid lows.
Daytona Win for Racecar Driver with Diabetes!
Type 1 driver Ryan Reed wins first NASCAR series race at Daytona on Feb. 21.
* If you check back often, what do you like best?
* What topics interest you most?
* Where do you find the biggest "information gap" between medical providers and patients?
* What helps you fill that gap?
* What's your biggest daily D-gripe that seems like it could easily be solved?
* And: anybody interested in a DiabetesMine.com T-shirt? The Talkfest is now offering custom D-Blogger T-shirts featuring the URL of favorite diabetes blogs. I thought my family and friends would get a kick out of 'em. Bulk price is cheaper, of course :)
Happy D-Blog Day. November is also Diabetes Awareness Month in America, of course, so lots of reason to "celebrate" our disease at this time of year... best of health to you all.