I'm so very late to this meme (Internet game for sharing personal tidbits) that I could barely remember who tagged me. But then I stumbled on Scott S. again and it all came back to me.
I've been duly "Tagged for Seven," and if you follow these sort of things, you can see that good 'ol noncompliant Kassie and I have a lot in common...
SEVEN THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE (not necessarily in this order)
American Diabetes Association Names New CEO
Non-profit leader Kevin L. Hagan named as new chief exec of national diabetes org after six-month search.
FDA Approves New Basal Insulin
Sanofi's Troujeo has 'flatter profile' of action that helps to avoid lows.
Daytona Win for Racecar Driver with Diabetes!
Type 1 driver Ryan Reed wins first NASCAR series race at Daytona on Feb. 21.
1. Dance at my daughters' weddings
2. Travel to Israel
3. Cycle around Europe, or maybe just Greece
4. Hike the Alps in summer
5. Lounge at a Caribbean resort
6. Publish something non-health-related
7. Be among the first to celebrate The Cure
SEVEN THINGS I CANNOT DO
2. Play team sports
3. Eat wheat
4. Not take it personally...
5. Tolerate stupidity
6. Light a fire
7. Keep a straight face when people start talking about their Great-Aunt Martha who also had diabetes...
SEVEN THINGS I FIND ATTRACTIVE IN OTHERS
1. Sense of humor - make me laugh!
4. A quality we call "down to Earth"
5. An analytical mind
6. The ability to see through my prickly exterior and like me anyway
7. Height: I like 'em tall, too. What can I say?
SEVEN THINGS I'VE BEEN KNOWN TO SAY
1. "That's just it..."
2. "I'm SO done with that."
3. "Listen to my words."
4. "No fighting. And no yelling! DO YOU HEAR MY WORDS?!"
6. "Well, no, actually.. Type 1 diabetes is a little different..."
7. "Get real."
SEVEN BOOKS I'VE READ AND RECOMMEND TO OTHERS (in no particular order)
1. Cheating Destiny
2. I Capture the Castle
3. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
4. The Poisonwood Bible
6. Don't Lets Go to the Dogs Tonight
7. Gentleman & Players (reading it now)
SEVEN FAVORITE MOVIES (I'm sure there are more)
1. Little Big Man
2. Private Benjamin
4. Dancing with Wolves
6. What to Do in Case of Fire
7. Monty Python's Life of Brian
And finally, my own special addition:
SEVEN IMPORTANT THINGS I'VE LEARNED ABOUT DIABETES
1. Type 1 comes with free gifts
2. Check, correct. Check, correct. Check, correct. Repeat.
3. If today you do not succeed, get up and give it your best tomorrow
4. There's still no substitute for dosing insulin 20-30min. prior to eating, if you can manage it
5. Only use your D-devices in front of others if you really feel like explaining (otherwise go hide in the bathroom)
6. Unlike a sport or a hobby, don't expect it to get easier over time...
7. So cut yourself some slack!
(While we're on the topic, see also Seven Things Worse Than the Diabetes :)
By way of getting acquainted, I hereby tag some of our newest diabetes bloggers: