* WARNING: OFF-TOPIC*
Tomorrow is my daughter's big day!! Her Bat Mitzvah — the big Jewish coming-of-age ceremony — which it seems we've been planning forever. I'm not sure who's most nervous around here. (Even the cat's been kind of jumpy.)
In accordance with Jewish tradition, my going-on-13-year-old will be up on the pulpit with the rabbi, leading the whole darn Shabbat (Sabbath) service, mostly in Hebrew. And for those who aren't familiar, the celebrations that follow are akin to weddings — with catered meals at festive venues, fancy dresses, music and dancing, entertainment and party favors.
NEWSFLASH: FDA Clears Dexcom Share Direct
Dexcom gets regulatory approval of its 'on-the-go' mobile apps for CGM data-sharing.
Snail Uses Insulin to Poison Fish
New study shows these slow-moving creatures use toxic form of insulin to capture prey.
A New Square Patch Insulin Pump
Israeli company developing new reusable square insulin pump that has Bluetooth for smartphone communication.
Since my wedding was a small private affair in Germany, this is the first time I've played "party planner" and whew — is that a job and a half!
* flowers? - check
* three-tiered cake? - check
* hotels & travel arrangements for out-of-town guests? - check
* menu selection, including vegetarian and gluten-free choices? - check
* multiple meetings with rabbis and Hebrew tutor? - check, check
* finding & hiring photographer, DJ, airbrush T-shirt maker for entertainment, and lady to create and deliver table centerpieces? - check, check, check, and check!
* shop with 3 daughters for dresses, shoes, bolero sweaters, leggings and matching accessories? - check some more (read: the Mall = our second home)
* discuss meaning of actual Bat Mitzvah ceremony with lavished-upon child? - CHECK!
So you'll excuse me if I'm not talking about diabetes today, for once.
Although I do have one more item to add to my list:
* pack extra D-supplies, including insulin, and be sure to take them along for tomorrow's festivities (wouldn't it just be Murphy's Law to my have pump poop out right in the middle of the Hava Nagila?) - packing supplies for the car just as soon as I finish this post...
Hopefully I'm now ready for all of tomorrow's Mazel Tov's. Wish me us luck.