11- year-old Amelia McIver reviews the Medtronic MiniMed Paradigm insulin pump, which she uses without the Medtronic CGM. The pump has given her a lot of freedom!
REVIEWER'S BREAKDOWN -
- choice of colors
- handy light makes it easy to bolus in the dark
- bolus wizard makes carb counting and dose setting easier
- features "square wave" and "dual wave" boluses for extended release (great for high-fat meals like pizza)
- easy to set temp basal rates for exercise or periods of inactivity
- a bit boxy -- could look less like a medical device
- should come with a rechargeable battery!
- no wireless or smartphone connection for remote dosing and data-sharing
Use this pump? Let us know what you think!
NEWSFLASH: FDA Clears Dexcom Share Direct
Dexcom gets regulatory approval of its 'on-the-go' mobile apps for CGM data-sharing.
State of the Union: It's Time to Cure Diabetes
President launching new precision medicine initiative to better treat, cure diseases like diabetes.
'Robotic Pancreas' Appears On American Idol
Carlos Santana's nephew Adam Lasher shows off Dexcom G4 during live performance.
RELATED COMMUNITY LINKS: