11- year-old Amelia McIver reviews the Medtronic MiniMed Paradigm insulin pump, which she uses without the Medtronic CGM. The pump has given her a lot of freedom!
REVIEWER'S BREAKDOWN -
- choice of colors
- handy light makes it easy to bolus in the dark
- bolus wizard makes carb counting and dose setting easier
- features "square wave" and "dual wave" boluses for extended release (great for high-fat meals like pizza)
- easy to set temp basal rates for exercise or periods of inactivity
- a bit boxy -- could look less like a medical device
- should come with a rechargeable battery!
- no wireless or smartphone connection for remote dosing and data-sharing
Use this pump? Let us know what you think!
American Diabetes Association Names New CEO
Non-profit leader Kevin L. Hagan named as new chief exec of national diabetes org after six-month search.
FDA Approves New Basal Insulin
Sanofi's Troujeo has 'flatter profile' of action that helps to avoid lows.
Daytona Win for Racecar Driver with Diabetes!
Type 1 driver Ryan Reed wins first NASCAR series race at Daytona on Feb. 21.
RELATED COMMUNITY LINKS: