No new specific diet or diabetes decrees over here. I gave that up a long time ago. The notion that I'm going to suddenly shed all my bad habits and "start over" being perfect is just a recipe for frustration. Instead, I like to think in general about how I'm going to approach life in the coming year. Enjoy. Joy. Less stress. Less unnecessary worry. More joy. I try to resolve to keep all that in mind.
A few great links to kick off your new year:
* Coffee lovers (that's me): Check out Starbuck's new "Skinny" Mochas and Lattes. Only 90 calories... carb-count TBD.
* Inspirational types: Enter Prevention Magazine's Picture of Health contest. Tell 'em how you changed your life, in video and/or photos.
* Follow what the politicians are going to do about healthcare, at Health08.org.
* Check out the Top 10 health trends for 2008 from the Times UK online. Note that #10 is all about beautifying your teeth... a point which the Simpson's hammer home so nicely in their "Dental Health for Mental Health" video on YouTube. Ha!
* Keep your eyes peeled for Google's new online Health Platform, coming in early 2008.
Happy New Year 2008, Everyone!
Summer brings outdoor fun, barbeques, and of course... bugs!! This year it's nearly all about ticks and the diseases they spread (ugh). Since diabetes seems to effect EVERYTHING, we wondered if there was any special connection between tick bites a...
Hi All,Here we are in the advanced stages of summer, but August promises to continue sizzling, so... a great time for a cool giveaway!What we're giving away are some sweet new supply carry bags from two creative small diabetes businesses: Sugar Me...
See newer comics » Sunday Funnies: It's Raining...?! Published June 25, 2017 Anyone with diabetes knows the woes of test strips going astray... Thanks to our regular contributor Jerry King, an accomplished cartoonist who creates more than 200 ...
With the Apple announcement about the latest iPhone generation, people were diabetes must have been thinking... Thanks again to Jon Carter, who's been a freelance cartoonist for more than 20 years and has drawn for numerous newspapers, print an...
The topic of looking #BeyondA1C is a hot one these days. Advocates are working alongside regulators and groups like the JDRF to help improve lives by focusing more on time in range and other factors that impact our quality of life with diabetes.Th...