No new specific diet or diabetes decrees over here. I gave that up a long time ago. The notion that I'm going to suddenly shed all my bad habits and "start over" being perfect is just a recipe for frustration. Instead, I like to think in general about how I'm going to approach life in the coming year. Enjoy. Joy. Less stress. Less unnecessary worry. More joy. I try to resolve to keep all that in mind.
A few great links to kick off your new year:
* Coffee lovers (that's me): Check out Starbuck's new "Skinny" Mochas and Lattes. Only 90 calories... carb-count TBD.
* Inspirational types: Enter Prevention Magazine's Picture of Health contest. Tell 'em how you changed your life, in video and/or photos.
* Follow what the politicians are going to do about healthcare, at Health08.org.
* Check out the Top 10 health trends for 2008 from the Times UK online. Note that #10 is all about beautifying your teeth... a point which the Simpson's hammer home so nicely in their "Dental Health for Mental Health" video on YouTube. Ha!
* Keep your eyes peeled for Google's new online Health Platform, coming in early 2008.
Happy New Year 2008, Everyone!
Diabetes finally off the mind? OK, this is pretty Dilbert, but seriously... what would YOU do if you ever got to stop thinking about the Big D?Thanks to the talented Jerry King, a regular cartoonist here at the 'Mine, who's a worldwide drawi...
Today, as we greet the Holiday Season, we're happy to welcome D-Dad and advocate Tom Karlya to tell us all about the annual Santa letter-writing campaign in the name of diabetes. Yep, you heard right. The Florida-based Diabetes Research Institute ...
HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all today!! We're chilling a bit in the wake of both Christmas and the start of Hanukkah this past weekend (which runs through Dec. 31 this year). This season, our parent company Healthline Media created this quite lovely holi...
« See newer comics Sunday Funnies: Amazing Holiday Gifts! Happy Holidays to All today! Here's a gadget we could all use... Thanks for this illustration go to legendary cartoonist Jerry King, who we're proud to feature at the 'Mine regularly. ...
Hey, All -- Got questions about life with diabetes? Then you've come to the right place! That would be our weekly diabetes advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and clinical specialist Wil Dubois.Happy Christmas ...