No new specific diet or diabetes decrees over here. I gave that up a long time ago. The notion that I'm going to suddenly shed all my bad habits and "start over" being perfect is just a recipe for frustration. Instead, I like to think in general about how I'm going to approach life in the coming year. Enjoy. Joy. Less stress. Less unnecessary worry. More joy. I try to resolve to keep all that in mind.
A few great links to kick off your new year:
* Coffee lovers (that's me): Check out Starbuck's new "Skinny" Mochas and Lattes. Only 90 calories... carb-count TBD.
* Inspirational types: Enter Prevention Magazine's Picture of Health contest. Tell 'em how you changed your life, in video and/or photos.
* Follow what the politicians are going to do about healthcare, at Health08.org.
* Check out the Top 10 health trends for 2008 from the Times UK online. Note that #10 is all about beautifying your teeth... a point which the Simpson's hammer home so nicely in their "Dental Health for Mental Health" video on YouTube. Ha!
* Keep your eyes peeled for Google's new online Health Platform, coming in early 2008.
Happy New Year 2008, Everyone!
April Fool's Day is just around the corner, and the Diabetes Community will have to be on the look out for what's real... or not so much. Now we're talking! Thanks to the awesome Brad Slaight, a fellow type 1 in California who is not only a tal...
February is of course award season thanks to the Grammys and Oscars, so we figured, why not offer our own take on the "best of" in various categories among the Diabetes Community?What's unique about our D-Oscars here is that they not only praise w...
If you listen to the Internet, diabetes has been cured! In fact, there are many cure options to choose from. Our Top 10 faves include: 1. Mice Cures Our furry little friends seem to be getting cured every week. In this most recent example, they w...
Gotta love those questions doctors ask at our three-month checkups, right? Thanks to the artistic Gareth Morgan, a fellow type 1 in England and biomedical researcher-turned-illustrator who's been lending us his drawing talents here at the 'Min...
We all know the pressure to produce dreaded glucose logs when we see our doctors. But what if...?Definitely a superpower we in the Diabetes Community could use! Thanks to the talented Terry Keelan, a fellow type 1 living in Southern California, f...