No new specific diet or diabetes decrees over here. I gave that up a long time ago. The notion that I'm going to suddenly shed all my bad habits and "start over" being perfect is just a recipe for frustration. Instead, I like to think in general about how I'm going to approach life in the coming year. Enjoy. Joy. Less stress. Less unnecessary worry. More joy. I try to resolve to keep all that in mind.
A few great links to kick off your new year:
* Coffee lovers (that's me): Check out Starbuck's new "Skinny" Mochas and Lattes. Only 90 calories... carb-count TBD.
* Inspirational types: Enter Prevention Magazine's Picture of Health contest. Tell 'em how you changed your life, in video and/or photos.
* Follow what the politicians are going to do about healthcare, at Health08.org.
* Check out the Top 10 health trends for 2008 from the Times UK online. Note that #10 is all about beautifying your teeth... a point which the Simpson's hammer home so nicely in their "Dental Health for Mental Health" video on YouTube. Ha!
* Keep your eyes peeled for Google's new online Health Platform, coming in early 2008.
Happy New Year 2008, Everyone!
We pancreatically-challenged folks certainly go through a lot of supplies... Wow, how 'bout a super-sized sharps container?Thanks to our regular contributor Jerry King, an accomplished cartoonist who creates more than 200 illustrations each mo...
February is of course award season thanks to the Grammys and Oscars, so we figured, why not offer our own take on the "best of" in various categories among the Diabetes Community?What's unique about our D-Oscars here is that they not only praise w...
There's a new diabetes device every day, it seems... Whoa! Start scrolling on that thing, will ya?! (Maybe we need Doc Emmett Brown to start working on this after his next flux capacitor :) Thanks to the talented Brad Slaight, a professional ac...
Yep, tonight is the Academy Awards, when many celebs will be honored for their TV and movie work. And if the Diabetes Community had our own version of the Oscars? It might look like this... We would definitely tune into that awards show :) Thank...
We all know the pressure to produce dreaded glucose logs when we see our doctors. But what if...?Definitely a superpower we in the Diabetes Community could use! Thanks to the talented Terry Keelan, a fellow type 1 living in Southern California, f...