No new specific diet or diabetes decrees over here. I gave that up a long time ago. The notion that I'm going to suddenly shed all my bad habits and "start over" being perfect is just a recipe for frustration. Instead, I like to think in general about how I'm going to approach life in the coming year. Enjoy. Joy. Less stress. Less unnecessary worry. More joy. I try to resolve to keep all that in mind.
A few great links to kick off your new year:
* Coffee lovers (that's me): Check out Starbuck's new "Skinny" Mochas and Lattes. Only 90 calories... carb-count TBD.
* Inspirational types: Enter Prevention Magazine's Picture of Health contest. Tell 'em how you changed your life, in video and/or photos.
* Follow what the politicians are going to do about healthcare, at Health08.org.
* Check out the Top 10 health trends for 2008 from the Times UK online. Note that #10 is all about beautifying your teeth... a point which the Simpson's hammer home so nicely in their "Dental Health for Mental Health" video on YouTube. Ha!
* Keep your eyes peeled for Google's new online Health Platform, coming in early 2008.
Happy New Year 2008, Everyone!
Welcome to the 4th in our series of interviews with the 2016 Patient Voices Scholarship Winners -- 10 advocates selected to join us on scholarship for this year's DiabetesMine Innovation Summit in San Francisco in a couple of months.Please greet t...
Happy Independence Day, Diabetes Community!We're taking it easy this July 4th, as Amy is vacationing with her family on their annual summer visit to Europe, while Mike is resting up at home with family and friends before traveling to Orlando this ...
Ever wondered what a ketone looks like? Or what it might resemble if it were a human being?Just ask Alexys Fleming, a type 1 in Chicago who was diagnosed at age 13 about a decade ago.She has an idea, because this 20-something has actually painted ...
« See newer comics Sunday Funnies: If Hollywood Went Diabetes... Published June 27, 2016 The mid-year movie season could look quite different, you know... We'd totally hit Fandango for those titles, wouldn't you?!Thanks to the talented Brad Slai...
More evidence diabetes is just too much sometimes... Hmmm, maybe it's time for a workplace-friendly diabetes supply cabinet? Thanks to our regular contributor Jerry King, an accomplished cartoonist who creates more than 200 illustrations eac...