No new specific diet or diabetes decrees over here. I gave that up a long time ago. The notion that I'm going to suddenly shed all my bad habits and "start over" being perfect is just a recipe for frustration. Instead, I like to think in general about how I'm going to approach life in the coming year. Enjoy. Joy. Less stress. Less unnecessary worry. More joy. I try to resolve to keep all that in mind.
A few great links to kick off your new year:
* Coffee lovers (that's me): Check out Starbuck's new "Skinny" Mochas and Lattes. Only 90 calories... carb-count TBD.
* Inspirational types: Enter Prevention Magazine's Picture of Health contest. Tell 'em how you changed your life, in video and/or photos.
* Follow what the politicians are going to do about healthcare, at Health08.org.
* Check out the Top 10 health trends for 2008 from the Times UK online. Note that #10 is all about beautifying your teeth... a point which the Simpson's hammer home so nicely in their "Dental Health for Mental Health" video on YouTube. Ha!
* Keep your eyes peeled for Google's new online Health Platform, coming in early 2008.
Happy New Year 2008, Everyone!
Another Memorial Day weekend brings remembrance, and of course a certain amount of festivity... Thanks to our regular contributor Jerry King, an accomplished cartoonist who creates more than 200 illustrations each month for websites, magazine...
We nearly missed it, but last week (March 2) was the birthday of legendary funny-man Dr. Seuss. Every five to seven years or so, we like to revisit the popular poem below that I wrote in his honor -- one of the original posts here at DiabetesMine,...
Today we interrupt our regularly scheduled diabetes advice column Ask D'Mine to bring you the following news report from veteran type 1, diabetes author and "guy in the know" Wil Dubois... Dateline April 1, 2017 -- The Southern White House, Pa...
Hey, Friends! We're taking it easy for this extended Memorial Day holiday weekend, and hope you are too.Mike's visiting Indianapolis for the Indy 500 race weekend (congrats to both T1D drivers, Charlie Kimball and Conor Daly for their "racing with...
Who loves furry, feathered, trotting, crawling, tail-wagging creatures?? We sure do!That's why we're excited that today is National Pet Day. Marking its 11th year, this U.S.-based tribute day is a time to share appreciation for all the beloved ani...