No new specific diet or diabetes decrees over here. I gave that up a long time ago. The notion that I'm going to suddenly shed all my bad habits and "start over" being perfect is just a recipe for frustration. Instead, I like to think in general about how I'm going to approach life in the coming year. Enjoy. Joy. Less stress. Less unnecessary worry. More joy. I try to resolve to keep all that in mind.
A few great links to kick off your new year:
* Coffee lovers (that's me): Check out Starbuck's new "Skinny" Mochas and Lattes. Only 90 calories... carb-count TBD.
* Inspirational types: Enter Prevention Magazine's Picture of Health contest. Tell 'em how you changed your life, in video and/or photos.
* Follow what the politicians are going to do about healthcare, at Health08.org.
* Check out the Top 10 health trends for 2008 from the Times UK online. Note that #10 is all about beautifying your teeth... a point which the Simpson's hammer home so nicely in their "Dental Health for Mental Health" video on YouTube. Ha!
* Keep your eyes peeled for Google's new online Health Platform, coming in early 2008.
Happy New Year 2008, Everyone!
We can feel it, People... Thanks to the artistic Jerry King, an accomplished cartoonist who's name has appeared in 200+ spots worldwide each month including newspapers, magazines, websites, greeting cards and beyond. Sunday Funnies: Wa...
If you listen to the Internet, diabetes has been cured! In fact, there are many cure options to choose from. Our Top 10 faves include: 1. Mice Cures Our furry little friends seem to be getting cured every week. In this most recent example, they w...
« See newer comics Summertime Diabetes Vampires...? Published July 5, 2015 With the warmer weather upon us, many of us PWDs (people with diabetes) are making new friends... Thanks to the ever-artistic Gareth Morgan from England, who's a biome...
Moving Day is here!Yep, my wife Suzi, our dog Riley and I are making the move back to Michigan today, leaving Indiana after living here for 11 years. Today is actually the big day, so I'm off the grid carting boxes and furniture into the giant UHa...
We're keeping it light today since it's a Friday, and many from our community are attending the annual CWD Friends For Life conference at DisneyWorld in Orlando, FL -- our own Mike Hoskins included.We'll have a report on the FFL experience and the...