The next Health 2.0 Conference here on the West Coast is in the works, and it's all about us patients!
They're calling this one "Spring Fling," taking place on March 4, 2008, at the Westin hotel in San Diego, CA. The Big Idea is "Connecting Consumers and Providers." I'm excited to report that I'm scheduled to run a flagship panel about patients using Health 2.0 technologies for community and self-care. Cool!
"At the Fall event, we heard from vendors providing social communities and media for patients. But what about patients who are using those tools and communities—and the ones who aren't? What are their experiences? How do they fit Health 2.0 into their lives? And for those who are new to Health 2.0. What works? What helps? And what doesn't? Come meet patients and consumers up close, and see them interact with the tools provided by leading Health 2.0 companies."
Together, vendors and patients will explore the tough questions:
- Does all this technology change the patient experience?
- If so, is it an improvement—or are we losing the human touch?
- And will anyone care enough for the change to become really widespread?
I'm pre-announcing this for two reasons:
1) It's great to see the recognition that we patients are at the core of Health 2.0. We hold all the cards. If we collectively, dislike something, chances are it won't survive.
2) A few West Coast patients are wanted! In particular, the organizers are looking for someone newly diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes who is "just getting their feet wet" with all the new online health technologies. That person has to be willing to allow a camera crew into their life in the months preceding the event, to be filmed using Health 2.0 technologies. You'll also be asked to attend the event for some on-stage discussion with physicians, and Q&A action. Are you ready to share your Health 2.0 life with the community? And possibly help shape where things are going? Contact the conference organizers HERE.