Longtime PWD Dan Patrick reviews the FRIO Insulin Cooling Case -- a necessity for diabetes travel!
REVIEWER'S BREAKDOWN -
- no need for ice packs, refrigeration, electricity, or a power supply
- the cases are reusable and only require cold water for re-activation
- most of the cases are a size that can be placed into a pocket
- the cooling cases come in six different color choices and seven different sizes
- units have to be soaked in water to activate (not always convenient)
- smaller sizes are convenient for travel, but also small enough to be misplaced
- it's essential that the cases stay in contact with air to "breathe"
Tell us what you think!
NEWSFLASH: FDA Clears Dexcom Share Direct
Dexcom gets regulatory approval of its 'on-the-go' mobile apps for CGM data-sharing.
Snail Uses Insulin to Poison Fish
New study shows these slow-moving creatures use toxic form of insulin to capture prey.
A New Square Patch Insulin Pump
TouchéMedical's new Bluetooth-enabled patch pump is supposedly the world's smallest and cheapest.
RELATED COMMUNITY LINKS: