- Life today is a multitasking, multisensory barrage. If you're only doing one thing at a time, you're probably bored -- Kate Muhl, Iconoculture
- Between 60 and 90% of all medical office visits in the United States are for stress-related disorders -- Mind/Body Medical Institute at Harvard University
- Americans regularly engage in unhealthy behaviors to manage stress -- AmericanPsychological Association 2.06
- "Drug addiction is so often talked about as a disease of our youth, butfor so many people, it catches up with them when they age" -- Dr.Marvin Seppala, drug abuse expert, quoted in the Arizona Republic 9.6.06
- 4.4% of Baby Boomersage 50 to 59 indicated that they had used illicit drugs in the pastmonth, marking the third consecutive yearly increase recorded for thatage group -- from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, AP 9.7.06
- Americans spent an estimated $46 billion on diet products and self-help books in 2004 -- Forbes 8.30.06
- Women turn to high-fat and high-sugar comfort foods when they're feeling down, and then they feel even worse -— guilty -— for having eaten them. But men indulge in high-protein foods when they are feeling great and in the mood for reward -- 2005 study by New York's Cornell University and Canada's McGill University
- 31% of women say they are comfort eaters, vs. 19% of men -- 2005 University study, above
- At almost any given time, approximately 40% of women are trying to lose weight -- American Obesity Association 5.20.05
- "What we eat is only half the equation of good nutrition. How we eat is the other half" -- from 'The Slow Down Diet' by Marc David (Healing Arts Press 2005)
- "Vitamin P" — pleasure — is a vital element that makes our lives and meals complete... When food is prepared and shared as an expression of love and caring with family and friends, it can actually affect the way food is metabolized in the body -- Judy Ramberg, Iconoculture
NEWSFLASH: FDA Clears Dexcom Share Direct
Dexcom gets regulatory approval of its 'on-the-go' mobile apps for CGM data-sharing.
State of the Union: It's Time to Cure Diabetes
President launching new precision medicine initiative to better treat, cure diseases like diabetes.
'Robotic Pancreas' Appears On American Idol
Carlos Santana's nephew Adam Lasher shows off Dexcom G4 during live performance.
Recognize yourself in there anywhere? Yeah. I've been emailing with a number of folks who work in the diabetes industry and/or write about diabetes. We all agree there's an inverse relationship between how hard we work (on diabetes, ironically) and the healthy state of our BG control and eating habits. I have nothing to add here but: Oy vey!