I'm writing this at 3am, sleepless with a nasty stomach ache. Something just doesn't feel right. Usually insomnia is my favorite excuse to hunch over the keyboard, pontificating on all variety of diabetes-related topics. But as Dee so eloquently points out, it all seems ridiculously trivial in the face of Katrina's aftermath. All those people just beginning to piece their ravaged lives back together... what's happening out there?
* An astounding number of Web sites have appeared to help reunite families torn apart by Katrina.
* Michael Jackson is preparing to record a song for Katrina victims.
* The economy reverberates as Katrina cuts US demand for oil.
* But Greenspan says Katrina is more likely to cause inflation than an economic slowdown.
NEWSFLASH: FDA Clears Dexcom Share Direct
Dexcom gets regulatory approval of its 'on-the-go' mobile apps for CGM data-sharing.
State of the Union: It's Time to Cure Diabetes
President launching new precision medicine initiative to better treat, cure diseases like diabetes.
'Robotic Pancreas' Appears On American Idol
Carlos Santana's nephew Adam Lasher shows off Dexcom G4 during live performance.
* Meanwhile, children with diabetes caught in the disaster are not faring well.
It's never too late to care.