I'm writing this at 3am, sleepless with a nasty stomach ache. Something just doesn't feel right. Usually insomnia is my favorite excuse to hunch over the keyboard, pontificating on all variety of diabetes-related topics. But as Dee so eloquently points out, it all seems ridiculously trivial in the face of Katrina's aftermath. All those people just beginning to piece their ravaged lives back together... what's happening out there?
* An astounding number of Web sites have appeared to help reunite families torn apart by Katrina.
* Michael Jackson is preparing to record a song for Katrina victims.
* The economy reverberates as Katrina cuts US demand for oil.
* But Greenspan says Katrina is more likely to cause inflation than an economic slowdown.
* Bush is sending Cheney out to "assess our recovery efforts" on the disaster, as plenty begin to skewer him for failing.
* Meanwhile, children with diabetes caught in the disaster are not faring well.
* Thankfully, lots of good folks in the diabetes and medical community at large are working hard to get help where it needs to go. See Tiffany's roundup. Even the ADA is finally getting into the act.
It's never too late to care.
Today is an exciting day, because our team is at Stanford University, hosting our 5th DiabetesMine D-Data ExChange event, that brings together movers and shakers in diabetes technology. About 100 innovators are gathering there -- including all maj...
"The Cure."This post would be so much easier if it were about the alternative rock band by the same name -- you know, the British guys with hits like "Just Like Heaven" and "It's Friday, I'm In Love" popular worldwide since the late 70s. But tha...
Hey All -- if you've got questions about life with diabetes, then you've come to the right place! That would be our weekly diabetes advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by veteran type 1, diabetes author and community educator Wil Dubois.Pass the...
Today our team is at Stanford University School of Medicine hosting the 5th annual DiabetesMine Innovation Summit (waves from Palo Alto!) This influential annual Summit convenes an incredible group of informed patient advocates, pharma marketing...
Happy Thanksgiving, D-Peeps! Do not miss this incredible video slideshow compiled for our 2015 DiabetesMine Innovation Summit at Stanford School of Medicine. This piece will make any PWD (person with diabetes) feel THANKFUL, we promise. Huge...