Someone asked this on a message board lately: "how come I'm the only one fiddling with my meter in restaurants and injecting in public bathrooms? Where ARE all these millions of brothers and sisters with diabetes?! I sure wish I could find some in real life."
Well, there's always the Internet. I'm all over this concept in my recent dLife "family affair" column: one of the best things you can do for yourself is find others who can relate. Aside from the numerous diabetes blogs (listed here at left), you might want to check out these Message Boards and Forums:
* ADA Message Boards (lots o' good forums from the American Diabetes Association)
* dLife Community (message board from dLife TV folks)
* dLife Wall (share your story + photos)
* DiabetesTalkFest (Gina Capone & gang -- great!)
* DearJanis Message Board (fans and friends of Janis Roszler)
* Diabetic RoundTable (meet the D-warriors)
* DiabetesForums.com (not sure who runs this one, but good)
* Pins & Needles (requires subscription SalonMagazine)
* Insulin whores (irreverant site from LiveJournal)
* DiabetesConnect (tips and tricks, mostly for Type 1s)
* WebMD Type 2 Support Group
* WebMD Type 1 Support Group (both kinda hard to find, but I did!)
* WebMD Diabetes Management board (ditto)
That's a lot of places to visit, ay? Let me know if y'all find any more of interest. Happy interacting!
As we wind down the summer of 2016, our diabetes blogging radar has been lighting up with all the outstanding posts from around the Diabetes Online Community (DOC).Note that this was a very emotional month, with births, deaths, and a heavy helping...
Even a few weeks after the Diabetes UnConference in Atlantic City, I'm still having a tough time getting my head around how my heart feels about the experience.There was quite the tidal wave of emotions there, and many of us were blinking back wha...
After a busy summer in the Diabetes Community (as always), we find ourselves transitioning into Fall with just as much activity online! Indeed, the diabetes blogosphere is bristling full of great posts as diverse and colorful as the season's ch...
If you're living with type 1 diabetes and you're not familiar with the T1D Exchange -- well, you should be! This well-funded and forward-thinking organization is taking the bull by the horns, so to speak, in advancing T1D care and research.Born ou...
Here we are at the end of another July, and the heat's been on this past month! Not only in the outside temps across much of the States, but also here in the Diabetes Online Community (DOC).Yep, there have been some hot topics afoot -- from big...