Someone asked this on a message board lately: "how come I'm the only one fiddling with my meter in restaurants and injecting in public bathrooms? Where ARE all these millions of brothers and sisters with diabetes?! I sure wish I could find some in real life."
Well, there's always the Internet. I'm all over this concept in my recent dLife "family affair" column: one of the best things you can do for yourself is find others who can relate. Aside from the numerous diabetes blogs (listed here at left), you might want to check out these Message Boards and Forums:
* ADA Message Boards (lots o' good forums from the American Diabetes Association)
* dLife Community (message board from dLife TV folks)
* dLife Wall (share your story + photos)
* DiabetesTalkFest (Gina Capone & gang -- great!)
* DearJanis Message Board (fans and friends of Janis Roszler)
* Diabetic RoundTable (meet the D-warriors)
* DiabetesForums.com (not sure who runs this one, but good)
* Pins & Needles (requires subscription SalonMagazine)
* Insulin whores (irreverant site from LiveJournal)
* DiabetesConnect (tips and tricks, mostly for Type 1s)
* WebMD Type 2 Support Group
* WebMD Type 1 Support Group (both kinda hard to find, but I did!)
* WebMD Diabetes Management board (ditto)
That's a lot of places to visit, ay? Let me know if y'all find any more of interest. Happy interacting!
Not long ago, I found myself once again complaining about the exorbitant cost of insulin, and how my high-deductible insurance puts a strain on my wallet for every month's supply. But then, I always have to give myself a head-knock, to remember t...
The time has come to say goodbye to 2015, as we get ready to ring in a new year.But before we do that, it's worth taking a look back at this final month of '15 to reflect on all the outstanding diabetes blog posts that have shined brighter than an...
Listen up, D-Peeps! We mean it. Starting Monday, Feb. 1, get ready to tune in to a wave of podcasts hitting the airwaves (or your iDevices) for the first-ever Diabetes Podcast Week (hashtag #DPodcastWeek), featuring 12 talented diabetes podcast...
Oh, how the fun never stops when it comes to expressing our diabetes selves on the Internet... Take for example Legobetes, a new online meme of sorts featuring Lego figurines doing diabetes things, with funny speech bubbles and captions, that emer...
Welcome to our monthly roundup of outstanding blog posts from across the Diabetes Online Community (DOC).Since it is now 2016, we thought we'd share our "Sweet 16" faves as seen over the past month -- in no particular order.As always, we'd love t...