Someone asked this on a message board lately: "how come I'm the only one fiddling with my meter in restaurants and injecting in public bathrooms? Where ARE all these millions of brothers and sisters with diabetes?! I sure wish I could find some in real life."
Well, there's always the Internet. I'm all over this concept in my recent dLife "family affair" column: one of the best things you can do for yourself is find others who can relate. Aside from the numerous diabetes blogs (listed here at left), you might want to check out these Message Boards and Forums:
* ADA Message Boards (lots o' good forums from the American Diabetes Association)
* dLife Community (message board from dLife TV folks)
* dLife Wall (share your story + photos)
* DiabetesTalkFest (Gina Capone & gang -- great!)
* DearJanis Message Board (fans and friends of Janis Roszler)
* Diabetic RoundTable (meet the D-warriors)
* DiabetesForums.com (not sure who runs this one, but good)
* Pins & Needles (requires subscription SalonMagazine)
* Insulin whores (irreverant site from LiveJournal)
* DiabetesConnect (tips and tricks, mostly for Type 1s)
* WebMD Type 2 Support Group
* WebMD Type 1 Support Group (both kinda hard to find, but I did!)
* WebMD Diabetes Management board (ditto)
That's a lot of places to visit, ay? Let me know if y'all find any more of interest. Happy interacting!
Not long ago, I found myself once again complaining about the exorbitant cost of insulin, and how my high-deductible insurance puts a strain on my wallet for every month's supply. But then, I always have to give myself a head-knock, to remember t...
They say that April showers bring May flowers... Of course, this month has once again also brought us some great blog posts from the Diabetes Online Community (DOC)!Here are some of our faves, in no particular order: Diabetes Community Blog Pos...
With the first quarter of 2016 now coming to a close, we're happy to bring you more outstanding posts from around the Diabetes Online Community.Quite a bit of Luck of the Irish was circulating around St. Paddy's Day, and once again there was no s...
This is a very special February since it's a Leap Year, and somehow that extra day seems to have generated even more love than usual from the Diabetes Online Community (DOC) -- despite some serious snow recently dumped on our D-friends scattered a...
An important conversation began in Arizona this past week, between 'Big Insulin' and the Diabetes Online Community (DOC), as representatives came together to talk about ways we can all collaborate to better help people with diabetes.That is, pha...