Someone asked this on a message board lately: "how come I'm the only one fiddling with my meter in restaurants and injecting in public bathrooms? Where ARE all these millions of brothers and sisters with diabetes?! I sure wish I could find some in real life."
Well, there's always the Internet. I'm all over this concept in my recent dLife "family affair" column: one of the best things you can do for yourself is find others who can relate. Aside from the numerous diabetes blogs (listed here at left), you might want to check out these Message Boards and Forums:
* ADA Message Boards (lots o' good forums from the American Diabetes Association)
* dLife Community (message board from dLife TV folks)
* dLife Wall (share your story + photos)
* DiabetesTalkFest (Gina Capone & gang -- great!)
* DearJanis Message Board (fans and friends of Janis Roszler)
* Diabetic RoundTable (meet the D-warriors)
* DiabetesForums.com (not sure who runs this one, but good)
* Pins & Needles (requires subscription SalonMagazine)
* Insulin whores (irreverant site from LiveJournal)
* DiabetesConnect (tips and tricks, mostly for Type 1s)
* WebMD Type 2 Support Group
* WebMD Type 1 Support Group (both kinda hard to find, but I did!)
* WebMD Diabetes Management board (ditto)
That's a lot of places to visit, ay? Let me know if y'all find any more of interest. Happy interacting!
Happy Summer, All! Here we are at the end of June already -- always a big month in the Diabetes World owing to the American Diabetes Association's huge annual conference that produces lots of product and research news. And of course there's the c...
We're now at the end of the fifth month of 2017, which is simply amazing. How quickly this year is going by! Of course, the summer months bring a bevy of diabetes conference activity and we're excited about that, but it's already been a busy Ma...
Today, we're excited to welcome another fellow diabetes blogger here to the 'Mine. You may recognize Kelley Kent from her blog Below Seven, where she's been writing for about five years now about her life with T1D and of course striving for an A1...
Today, we're pleased to welcome a fellow diabetes blogger from Australia to share his thoughts here at the 'Mine.We love our #OzDOC friends on the other side of the globe, and type 1 peep Frank Sita stands out, blogging over at Type 1 Writes. We t...
When social media giant Facebook brought hundreds of people together in Chicago last month for their first-ever event exploring how FB groups are making a difference worldwide, our Diabetes Community was in the house!Yep, three administrators of t...