Someone asked this on a message board lately: "how come I'm the only one fiddling with my meter in restaurants and injecting in public bathrooms? Where ARE all these millions of brothers and sisters with diabetes?! I sure wish I could find some in real life."
Well, there's always the Internet. I'm all over this concept in my recent dLife "family affair" column: one of the best things you can do for yourself is find others who can relate. Aside from the numerous diabetes blogs (listed here at left), you might want to check out these Message Boards and Forums:
* ADA Message Boards (lots o' good forums from the American Diabetes Association)
* dLife Community (message board from dLife TV folks)
NEWSFLASH: FDA Clears Dexcom Share Direct
Dexcom gets regulatory approval of its 'on-the-go' mobile apps for CGM data-sharing.
State of the Union: It's Time to Cure Diabetes
President launching new precision medicine initiative to better treat, cure diseases like diabetes.
'Robotic Pancreas' Appears On American Idol
Carlos Santana's nephew Adam Lasher shows off Dexcom G4 during live performance.
* dLife Wall (share your story + photos)
* DiabetesTalkFest (Gina Capone & gang -- great!)
* Diabetic RoundTable (meet the D-warriors)
* DiabetesForums.com (not sure who runs this one, but good)
* Pins & Needles (requires subscription SalonMagazine)
* Insulin whores (irreverant site from LiveJournal)
* DiabetesConnect (tips and tricks, mostly for Type 1s)
* WebMD Type 1 Support Group (both kinda hard to find, but I did!)
* WebMD Diabetes Management board (ditto)
That's a lot of places to visit, ay? Let me know if y'all find any more of interest. Happy interacting!