Someone asked this on a message board lately: "how come I'm the only one fiddling with my meter in restaurants and injecting in public bathrooms? Where ARE all these millions of brothers and sisters with diabetes?! I sure wish I could find some in real life."
Well, there's always the Internet. I'm all over this concept in my recent dLife "family affair" column: one of the best things you can do for yourself is find others who can relate. Aside from the numerous diabetes blogs (listed here at left), you might want to check out these Message Boards and Forums:
* ADA Message Boards (lots o' good forums from the American Diabetes Association)
* dLife Community (message board from dLife TV folks)
* dLife Wall (share your story + photos)
* DiabetesTalkFest (Gina Capone & gang -- great!)
* DearJanis Message Board (fans and friends of Janis Roszler)
* Diabetic RoundTable (meet the D-warriors)
* DiabetesForums.com (not sure who runs this one, but good)
* Pins & Needles (requires subscription SalonMagazine)
* Insulin whores (irreverant site from LiveJournal)
* DiabetesConnect (tips and tricks, mostly for Type 1s)
* WebMD Type 2 Support Group
* WebMD Type 1 Support Group (both kinda hard to find, but I did!)
* WebMD Diabetes Management board (ditto)
That's a lot of places to visit, ay? Let me know if y'all find any more of interest. Happy interacting!
The days of diabetes podcasting seem to have been reborn, with a surge in these audio shows hitting our Diabetes Online Community (DOC) recently.Patient-led podcasts aren't anything new, of course, nor is talking diabetes on the air a novel concep...
Happy Saturday, DiabetesMine Friends!With this being the sixth day of Diabetes Blog Week 2015, we're excited to bring you a special edition of our weekly diabetes advice column, hosted by veteran type 1 and clinical educator Wil Dubois. This wee...
She's known as the Diabetes Dominator, but the real name and face behind that moniker is fellow type 1 Daniele Hargenrader.Diagnosed as a girl more than two decades ago, Daniele not only has a strong voice in the Diabetes Online Community through ...
Dozens of diabetes advocates descended on Disney World recently for the second-ever MasterLab event, hosted by the Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF), just prior to the start of the annual Friends for Life Conference in Orlando, FL. About 130 people...
It's a busy summer season as always between the major diabetes conferences, Father's Day, summer D-camps, and much more. So naturally, we have a bunch of great posts to highlight from the past month!Here, in no particular order, are some of our re...