Longtime type 1 and blogger Joanne Milo reviews the Dexcom G4 continuous glucose monitor receiver with new Share technology, for remote viewing of glucose data results.
- Can see and share your data on up to 5 iPhones or iPads
- Options for Android and Windows phones to come soon, as will option for use with smart watches
- Gives you the latest technology, as integration of the Dexcom CGM with an insulin pump gets closer
- Can only use with Apple phones or tablets now -- no Android platform or smart watch yet
- No alarms on iPhone app
- Still need to carry Dexcom G4 Share receiver
- Cost to upgrade (if you purchased the Dexcom G4 after 1/1/2015, the upgrade is free; if purchased in 2014, $199; if out of warranty, same price as new receiver)
Let us know what you think!
RELATED COMMUNITY LINKS: