D-advocate and diabetes coach Ginger Vieira reviews the Dexcom G4 Platinum continuous glucose monitor; she insists she can't live without it!
REVIEWER'S BREAKDOWN -
- provides security knowing when highs and lows are coming
- gives you insight into your blood sugar patterns and trends
- you don't have to be on an insulin pump to use it
NEWSFLASH: FDA Clears Dexcom Share Direct
Dexcom gets regulatory approval of its 'on-the-go' mobile apps for CGM data-sharing.
Snail Uses Insulin to Poison Fish
New study shows these slow-moving creatures use toxic form of insulin to capture prey.
A New Square Patch Insulin Pump
Israeli company developing new reusable square insulin pump that has Bluetooth for smartphone communication.
- adhesive can be uncomfortable, and often starts peeling off within days
- every six months Dexcom requires need new transmitters, and dealing with insurance to get these can be frustrating
Tell us what you think.
RELATED COMMUNITY LINKS: