Hello PWDs (people with diabetes) everywhere,
We're excited to announce that we're gearing up for our 2013 DiabetesMine Innovation Summit event, to take place at Stanford University School of Medicine on Friday, Nov. 15, 2013.
We would like to include 10 enthusiastic patients, interested in participating and helping to run this influential event.
Those who've followed our work will be aware that the Innovation Summit is a unique invitation-only gathering of patient advocates, academics, entrepreneurs, investors, design experts, and pharma industry leaders from the marketing, R&D, legal and regulatory sectors.
The theme this year is "Delivering on the Promise of Diabetes Technology."
That means we'll focus on how all these new tech tools can actually help us accomplish better health outcomes, and more pleasant lives with diabetes.
The whole point of the DiabetesMine Summit events is to spark interactions and discussions that lead to faster and better development, design, and accelerated adoption of innovations to improve life with diabetes. And those interactions are only meaningful with strong patient representation.
In other words, WE NEED YOU!
__ __ __
Entering to win a $1,000 travel scholarship* to become one of our patient delegates this year is a simple three-step process:
1. Fill out the Entry Form.
2. Share your creative expression in the form of either presentation slides, a video not to exceed 3 minutes, or photo material. Also use your own name as the title of your entry.
3. Upload both your submission form and your entry material to our ShareFile site.
The slides/video/photo material you create should address these issues:
What improved health outcomes in diabetes matter most to you and why?
Describe how you want diabetes technology* to fit into your daily life?
What are your biggest concerns about the changes in healthcare reimbursement for diabetes and why?
* Diabetes technology may include high-tech tools such as drug delivery devices, biometric measuring devices, communications devices, disease management software, and social media applications, as well as low-tech tools such as checklists for effective conversations, support for problem solving, or relationship facilitation.
__ __ __
Note: You may address any question or all of them. Quality of answers is more important than quantity.
Here are some guidelines for media submissions:
Tell your 3-minute story with this structure:
- Identify yourself and your relationship to diabetes.
- Describe your challenge or concern—your story.
- Describe why your story is important.
- Describe how you want the situation to improve.
Record your video or photographs with maximum quality.
Try to eliminate background noises and record indoors with lots of light.
Use a tripod if possible, or a webcam on a laptop. Place the camera at eye level.
Photos and slides should be landscape format, or wide rather than tall.
If sending slides, do include all of the image files.
Winning material (whether in photo, slide or video format) will be used to create a compilation Patient Voices "call to action" video addressing the pharma industry and medical establishment.
THIS CONTEST CLOSED FOR ENTRIES ON JULY 26, 2013.
LOOK FOR WINNERS TO BE ANNOUNCED the week of Aug. 12.
We so look forward to hearing your voices -- and having you help us shake up the Diabetes World in the best interest of patients!
* Applications are open to anyone personally living with diabetes (type 1 or type 2), or a parent caregiver of a child with diabetes. Applicants must age 16 or older by Oct. 31, 2013, and minors must be accompanied by an adult to attend the Summit.
* Travel funds are capped at $1,000 per person. If you are chosen and reside outside the U.S., you may need to supplement travel costs.
* Materials submitted may be published in the public domain, royalty-free, by the Summit organizers, in conjunction with promotions of the DiabetesMineâ„¢ Innovation Project. All efforts on the part of DiabetesMineâ„¢ will be in good faith to maintain correct acknowledgment of the submitter.
A huge Thank You to our 2013 Summit/ program sponsors: