All the entries are in for this year's exciting
DiabetesMineâ„¢ Design Challenge
* a competition designed to foster innovation in diabetes design and encourage creative new tools that will improve life with diabetes *
CLICK HERE to review all the details on this competition.
American Diabetes Association Names New CEO
Non-profit leader Kevin L. Hagan named as new chief exec of national diabetes org after six-month search.
FDA Approves New Basal Insulin
Sanofi's Troujeo has 'flatter profile' of action that helps to avoid lows.
Daytona Win for Racecar Driver with Diabetes!
Type 1 driver Ryan Reed wins first NASCAR series race at Daytona on Feb. 21.
Winners will be chosen this week and announced on Friday, June 20. Here's your part in all this, Dear Reader:
As noted, winners will be evaluated by a sort of reverse American Idol system: that means we'll take popular vote into consideration, and the final selection will be made by a panel of judges. We're looking for high points in three areas:
- Efficiency - how well does it solve a real-life problem for people living with diabetes?
- Clinical Efficacy — how realistic and applicable is this product from a medical standpoint?
- Aesthetics - it's the look and feel, Baby! How good is the pure design?
So, we'd like to hear from you on which of the 20 submitted design concepts appeal to you the most! Here's a run-down of the entries:
* All nine video submissions can be viewed here: http://youtube.com/group/DiabetesMineDesignIT
BREAK OFF TEST STRIPS (under 18 category)
LOG FOR LIFE
NEW GENERATION OF GLUCOMETERS
GLUCOSE TABLET SKINS (under 18 category)
* All 12 paper entries can be viewed here: http://www.scribd.com/groups/view/11059-the-2nd-annual-diabetesmine-design-challenge
WIRELESS ER SERVICE
BUBBLE GLUCOSE MONITORING SYSTEM
METER + iPOD
DIMO METER FOR KIDS
MAXIMUM SLIDE (under 18 category)
What fun! I can't wait to dig in. Please give us YOUR opinions in the Comments section below.