Healthline Advertising & Promotions Policy
Media Kit | Advertising Products and Specifications
The following guidelines have been established by Healthline to govern various aspects of Advertising. For these purposes, "Advertising and Advertisements" include banner, badge, contextual Advertising, Sponsored Content, and Promotions. These regulations govern issues such as acceptance, manner of display and removal of Advertisements and Promotions by Healthline. Labeling of Sponsored Content is governed by Our Sponsor policy. Healthline has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on the Healthline Site. Healthline may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised policy to the Healthline Site.
- Healthline has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on the Healthline Site, and under no circumstances shall Healthline's acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes such product(s) or service(s).
- Healthline will not accept Advertising that, in Healthline's opinion, is not factually accurate and in good taste. Healthline will not permit at any time the placement of any Advertising for illegal or objectionable products. Advertising must not contain fraudulent, deceptive, or offensive material, including material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or handicap.
- Advertising must not be related to any of the following: alcohol, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, gambling, pornography, tobacco, or the simulation of news or an emergency.
- Advertisers must only offer products or services, which are readily available for purchase at the advertised price (with noted tax and delivery fees). The Advertising must also clearly identify the advertiser. Any Advertising that could be misconstrued as editorial content will be clearly labeled as Advertising.
- Healthline recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between Advertising content and editorial and decision-making content. All Advertising content on the Healthline Site shall be clearly and unambiguously identified as such, and Healthline will not run any Advertising on the Healthline Site that is not so identified. Clicking on the ad will link you to an advertiser's site, to relevant information on Healthline, or to a Sponsor's Resource Center on Healthline. Sponsored Resource Centers are labeled as being sponsored and the name of the sponsoring entity is displayed.
- Healthline retains the exclusive right to determine the way in which any and all search results for specific information by keyword or topic are displayed on the Healthline Site. Healthline search results are not influenced based on monetary incentives provided by Advertisers or Sponsors. Content listed in search results is displayed with its source e.g. "Healthline News".
- Healthline reserves the right to reject, cancel, or remove at any time any Advertising from the Healthline Site for any reason and will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising, together with an explanation following the rejection, cancellation, or removal. Healthline also reserves the right to determine the appropriate placement of the Advertising on the Healthline Site.
- It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to comply with all applicable domestic and foreign laws, including applicable laws and regulations of regulatory bodies. This includes pharmaceutical advertising to physicians and consumers that must be in compliance with FDA guidelines for Direct to Physician (DTP) and Direct to Consumer (DTC) advertising as well as underwritten CME programs that must be labeled in accordance with the guidelines of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and any other relevant accrediting bodies. Healthline will not monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations. However, Healthline reserves the right to review all Advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if Healthline becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, Healthline may remove the Advertising.
- No Advertising shall be permitted which may injure the good name or reputation of Healthline or the Healthline Site.
Effective: Jan 2010